Norbella is Hiring: Digital, Media & Social!
January 09, 2018
We’re hiring and looking for smart, fun, passionate people to join our growing team in the following positions: Ad Ops Specialist, Digital Media Specialist – Paid Social, Digital Media Buyer – Programmatic & Senior Digital Manager – SEM/PPC.
Read below to see which positions are available:
Ad Ops Specialist:
The Ad Ops Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day trafficking and management of digital media campaigns (display, SEM). This will require daily interaction with our internal teams such as display buying, SEM, and analytics, and our external clients and partners to ensure consistent and accurate tracking and measurement of digital advertising campaigns
The Ad Ops Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Manage and traffic campaigns in Ad server tools such as DoubleClick(DCM)/Flashtalking and Marin
- Oversee media tracking and analytics set up and implementation
- Active participation in media planning discussions regarding trafficking strategies and related operational issues
- Improve data quality by collaborating with the digital buying, SEM and analytics teams to ensure campaigns are structured in a way to produce optimal data outputs
- QA ads to ensure they meet site specs and ad server requirements
- Generate through third-party ad servers (DCM, Flashtalking), social platforms (Facebook) and search management platforms (Marin, Kenshoo), QA, and troubleshoot implementation of conversion tags/pixels for key pages on client’s website to be tracked
- Troubleshoot ad serving or tag firing issues with site or ad tech partners
- Set up 3rd party tags in DCM (DoubleClick) and Flashtalking for display campaigns
- Collaborate with analytics team to set up APIs or flat Excel files to be input and ETL (extract/transform/load) into analytics platform
- Resolve tracking and reporting discrepancies with analytics and/or partners/vendors
- Review media buys and updates with Media team before trafficking and work with Analytics team to ensure plans will allow them to collect data accurately, efficiently, and effectively.
- Get involved on vendor billing to resolve discrepancies where delivery issues due to trafficking
challenges are involved
- A bachelor’s degree from 4-year university, or equivalent experience
- Entry level with experience in digital Media Operations, digital ad ops, digital trafficking is ideal
- Trafficking experience with Doubleclick and/or Flashtalking
- Understanding of display, mobile and video ads units.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative, open environment.
- Highly motivated and full of initiative.
- Methodical, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
- Genuine curiosity with how things work and “whatever it takes” to problem solve and resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Digital Media Specialist – Paid Social
Norbella is seeking a creative and analytically minded Digital Media Specialist – Paid Social to strategize, manage, and optimize paid social media campaigns for clients.
The individual will be responsible for planning and managing paid social media campaigns, implementing best practices, monitoring the latest trends, and performance reports. A successful Digital Media Specialist – Paid Social will have an amazing attention to detail, take charge attitude, and be able to take ownership over the process. Adaptability to new tools, new platforms and an ability to effectively communicate new learnings with other team members will be key.
- Manage and execute paid efforts on social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn etc.)
- Measure, analyze, and optimize efforts and effectively communicate your strategy and learnings.
- Conduct keyword, trend, and audience research
- Track and report performance regularly
- Organize client facing media presentations
- Evaluate and recommend new paid social marketing opportunities and technologies
- Develop strong working relationships with social vendors to stay up to date on new ad offerings and test opportunities
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to optimize content visibility, conversation and engagement.
- Identifies new opportunities and ideas and devises client-appropriate implementation.
- Manages client owned social communities as required.
- Pursues social media amplification opportunities with all agency activation groups.
- Educates clients and colleagues through topical presentations and learning modules.
- Researches and stays up to date of all social media trends, platforms, developments, vendors.
- Develops valuation tactics for assessing social media successes.
- Pushes all partners to enhance earned media optimization and measurement approaches.
- 2+ years’ experience in executing on Social campaigns.
- Experience using social media to solve brand/business challenges
- Familiarity with Ad Manager Platforms (including but not limited to Facebook Ads Manager, AdRoll etc.)
- A demonstrated passion for and understanding of social media platforms and their ad offerings
- Commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Innate curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit and avid consumer of all things paid social
Digital Media Buyer – Programmatic
The DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER – PROGRAMMATIC is responsible for the planning, activating, and optimizing of programmatic media buying (RTB display, video, and native) in support of active campaigns. This role will report into the Media Supervisor. This is a hands-on keyboard role that will be using state-of-the-art planning, buying and optimization tools and interfaces within the programmatic space.
- Act as Executional Support for assigned Media programs.
- Work closely with Manager/Supervisors in the preparation of estimates, campaign schedules, budgets and other project management requirements.
- Coordinate the trafficking of digital media creative assets between agencies, publishers and technology providers in the programmatic/display space.
- Assist with campaign set-up and ad trafficking
- Send launch notifications to Project Lead/Planning Teams.
- Send Planning Team screenshots of campaign creative 2 – 3 days post launch.
- Active campaign monitoring and updating of daily tracking.
- Prepare and report campaign optimization information.
- Facilitate key meeting setup, scheduling and conference reports.
- Work with various publishers and DSPs on crafting digital recommendations, research and campaign implementation and reporting/analysis.
- Trafficking/QA of digital campaigns through various Ad Servers.
- Implementing tags through tag management platforms.
- Develop strategies that combine first, second, and third-party data sets to realize campaign goals and targets.
- 1-2 years of experience working within the Programmatic landscape.
- Experience working within DSPs such as MediaMath, Dataxu, TradeDesk and others.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to troubleshoot campaign support issues.
- Understand and implement tracking through URL parameters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a marketing communications related field
- Communications skills with experience in delivering customer service satisfaction
- Detail minded with exceptional organization skills
- Extensive experience in Excel.
- A strong interest in working within a diverse and technologically advanced environment
- Comfortable with the use of and ability to learn new digital technologies and media tactics
- Excellent communication skills including verbal communications, active listening and excellent written grammar and spelling.
- Ability to rapidly understand digital technology
- A team player who is passionate about their contribution towards delivering great work.
Senior Digital Manager, SEM/PPC
Are you an experienced search engine marketer and leader who loves data, can successfully navigate client needs, and has the ability to ‘think big’ about the direction of search and digital media? Are you interested in making a real impact in the workplace? Norbella, a boutique media agency located in Boston’s trendy South End, is looking for a senior paid search manager to join our digital team.
We don’t settle for easy so that we are able to deliver extraordinary results. The Senior Digital Manager, SEM/PPC plays a vital role assisting in all elements of the paid search marketing process. This role helps define and lead the direction of the paid search department, oversees the search manager, and is fully immersed in the planning, development, management, analysis reporting and optimization of campaigns for various clients.
The Senior Digital Manager, SEM/PPC will report to the Associate Director of Digital and will be key to the growth in agency paid search capabilities and process, client acquisition and overall campaign success. This person will be joining a growing team of digital media specialists and will play an influential role in the growth and development of more junior level team members. This position will be responsible for comprehensive coordination and management of select pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of paid search on primary search engines for both business-to-consumer and business-to-business delivery. This role requires an ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, creation of campaign messaging, bidding strategies, creative testing, analytics and pay per click experience outside of just search (social, display network, Gmail, YouTube).
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing/Yahoo) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Compile and interpret search campaign data into actionable insights for agency and client teams.
- Conduct key campaign activities including keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative/copy, review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Act as an agency expert in the search engine marketing channel.
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies in the search and digital media and marketing space.
- Understand consumer motivations and mindset in the online environment and translate into successful digital marketing strategies.
- Work with the media planning team to create integrated media campaigns leveraging paid search and digital tactics.
- Develop device-specific strategies to meet the growing needs of mobile and tablet users compared to desktop and laptop.
- Conduct competitive research and estimates for new business or campaign growth opportunities.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the agency and client teams.
- Manage the training and development of the Paid Search Manager including workload management, search technical training and assist with goal development and delivering open and honest feedback on a regular basis
- Is instrumental in helping to define department operations and culture by developing new processes, finding efficiencies, and managing team resources and structure
- Leads by example by living Norbella’s Core Values and by having Humbition (the subtle blend of Humility & Ambition = “The more I know, the more I know there is to know which fuels curiosity and motivates me to figure it out”
- 5 years’ experience managing or working with SEM/PPC
- Deep, proven knowledge of top Search Engine platforms and third-party tools (Preferred knowledge with; Marin (or other management platforms), Excel (especially with pivot tables), competitive tools like SpyFu or SEMrush)
- Possess a working knowledge of (Google) Analytics, conversion tracking, cross-channel attribution and the interplay of PPC/SEO.
- Experience with pay per click outside of just search. Facebook, Twitter, display network etc.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Passion for advertising, especially digital advertising; keeps up with latest industry news and trends and can demonstrate knowledge and interest in digital media and/or advertising.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Google, Microsoft qualifications a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once with deadlines
- Experience managing, training and supervising
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; ability to understand and translate data into actionable insight and narrative.
- Strong presentation skills. Experience with client and/or internal interfacing – comfortable explaining campaign performance, strategies and recommendations to team members or external parties in person and over the phone
- Experiences buying, executing and managing search campaigns involving non-brand and brand, multiple conversion events or micro-conversions. Experience with call tracking (Dialog Tech) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude; high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Comfortable putting your “head down” and working in the weeds, but also working alongside a team to delegate tasks and work through complex problems, as well as client-facing communications.
- Strong technical experience. Comfortable managing large, complex sets of data and information including keyword bidding, auto-optimization and rules, Adwords scripts.
- Familiarity with analytics tools, principles, metrics and placement – including tableau, call tracking, revenue/conversion metrics and ad operations.
- Extensive experience across paid search verticals including B2B, Tech, E-commerce, Healthcare/Pharma, and Restaurants – Including Google Shopping, ad extensions, Google My Business, Bing Ads, Facebook
- High business acumen – ability to recognize business needs, set/exceed goals, develop cogent strategies, improve operations, and make business cases to help grow the department, win clients and improve agency trajectory
Apply here or reach out to email@example.com!